You want an editor who can write, teach, and edit brilliantly.
Any editor must understand how to:
- use writing craft
- teach you how to enhance your writing craft
- communicate writing solutions clearly and directly
- provide the support you need to succeed
Working with Lisa—what you get as a client:
• A passionate reader who enters your story eager to discover your intentions
• A smart editor who quickly discerns if your story is working
• An articulate teacher who helps you fix story problems by developing content and editing current material
• A savvy member of the publishing industry who advises on what makes a book sell, and helps you prepare your manuscript for agents and editors
A phone consultation—why choose it:
A phone consultation is an affordable way to talk in with Lisa about your ideas, to get guidance before you begin your project, or to ask questions as you work on your manuscript.
• Sign up below:
Or choose Comprehensive Manuscript Editing
Lisa’s Comprehensive Manuscript Editing includes:
• Developmental Editing—This form of editing locates deeper story problems and helps you develop the writing to fix them. Story arc/structure problems, and character development are common examples. You have strengths as a writer. It’s my job to capitalize on those strengths, and help you develop the material where it isn’t working so that your story is ready to compete in the marketplace.