You want an editor who can write, teach, and edit brilliantly.
Any editor must understand how to:
- use writing craft
- teach you how to enhance your writing craft
- communicate writing solutions clearly and directly
- provide the support you need to succeed
What you get with Lisa as your developmental editor:
• A passionate reader who enters your story eager to discover your intentions
• A smart editor who quickly discerns if your story is working
• An articulate teacher who helps you fix story problems by developing content and editing current material
• A savvy member of the publishing industry who advises on what makes a book sell, and helps you prepare your manuscript for agents and editors
Why choose a phone consultation:
A phone consultation is an affordable way to talk in with Lisa in Santa Fe, New Mexico. You can ask questions, get guidance before you begin your project, or sort out a vexing craft issue with a pro.
• Sign up below:
What does Comprehensive Manuscript Editing include:
Lisa’s Comprehensive Manuscript Editing includes:
• Developmental Editing—This form of editing locates deeper story problems and helps you develop the writing to fix them. Story arc/structure problems, and character development are common examples. You have strengths as a writer. It’s my job to capitalize on those strengths, and help you develop the material where it isn’t working so that your story is ready to compete in the marketplace.