Booking now for 2019 & 2020
Writing the Best Memoir You Can
This workshops teaches you the secrets of writing a memoir that is honest, compelling, and has the potential to sell. Lisa is a dynamic speaker and excellent teacher who makes complicated writing craft simple to understand. Learn about the building blocks of story, narrative arc, and the elements editors look for when buying a memoir.
• August 3-5, Willamette Writers Conference, Portland, OR
• July 6-12, International Women’s Writing Guild, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
• June 9-10, Dallas-Fort Worth Writers Conference, TX
• February 3-5, Palm Springs Writers Guild, CA
If you’d like this workshop presented for your organization, contact me.
What I do as a speaker and teacher:
• I travel the country inspiring people to write their stories.
• I teach you how to write your personal story with step-by-step instructions.
• I explain story structure so you can understand it.
• I diagnose story problems and help you fix them in your writing.
• I guide you toward publishing.
I have done over 100 presentations in the last 27 years. Below is a sample of venues where I have appeared. (For a full list of presentations, click here.)
Selected—Arts Centers, Writing & Publishing Organizations
• The Open Center, New York City, NY
• International Women’s Writing Guild, New York City & multiple locations across U.S.
• The Writer’s Center, Bethesda, MD
• Palm Springs Writers Guild, Palm Springs, CA
• Richard Hugo House, Seattle, WA
• Whidbey Island Writer’s Conference, Whidbey Island, WA
• Write on the Sound Writers’ Conference, Edmonds, WA
• Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference, Seattle, WA
• Willamette Writers Conference, Portland, OR
• Canyon Ranch, Tucson, AZ
• SouthWest Writers, Albuquerque, NM
• The Mandala Center, Des Moines, NM
• UCLA Extension Writers’ Program, Los Angeles, CA
• Reedley College, Reedley, CA
• National Coalition of Independent Scholars, Portland, OR
• Oregon Council Teachers of English, Portland, OR
• Reed College, Portland, OR
• Pima Community College Writing Program, Tucson, AZ